Skip to content
Guerra Junqueiro Museum

Guerra Junqueiro Museum

Municipality

Porto

Guerra Junqueiro Museum

Tue-Sun 10:00/17:30 | Mon, holidays closed

Located in Rua de D. Hugo, in Porto’s historical centre, close to the Cathedral and the Archaeological Site, this building is an example of 19th century civil architecture commissioned by Domingos Barbosa, Canon of the Porto Cathedral.
The house was bought in 1934 by the daughter of the poet Guerra Junqueiro and donated by her to the Porto City Council in 1940, along with the poet’s artistic estate. Inaugurated in 1942, it was renewed by the architect Alcino Soutinho and, in 2017, the Museum was the target of interventions by the architect Camilo Rebelo, as part of a series of works to modernise and enhance municipal museums.

More info

The long-term exhibition is currently being remodelled.

Image

Caption: Guerra Junqueiro Museum

Credits: Porto City Council

Municipality

Porto

Location